Integration of SU:
- Create stronger relationships between the SU and student groups, through drop-in sessions that can be used to discuss issues and ideas.
- Increased collaborations with other bodies such as the SB Guild, UNAD, Post Grads and MedSoc.
- Act as a support and advice mechanism when needed.
- Continue the development of Portland Building, creating a multi-functional space that is central to the SU, and is created for students by students. This will include:
- Creation of more space for student groups, tailored to their specific needs
- More storage with electronic key card entry
Training & Rewards:
- Review the training of student group committee members to achieve greater clarity of roles.
- Raise awareness of Post Grads, Satellite Campuses and International Students, to increase participation and make societies more inclusive.
- Use society feedback to introduce new STARS rewards that will reflect societies quality of work and commitment, as well as what they can actually utilise.
Welfare in Societies:
- Continue to work with the Welfare Officer ensuring there is a greater understanding by tutors that students have multiple commitments.
- Investigate the implementation of a ‘Welfare in Societies’ scheme, following on from the success of Welfare in Sports.
- Through better promotion and advertising, raise the profile of Welcome Fair, with the aim of increasing societies’ memberships.
- Create a Welcome Week app that includes a map system, whereby students can locate stalls with ease.
- Lobby to use the new David Ross Sports Village as the site of future Welcome Fairs, increasing the integration between sports, societies and student run services (SRS).
- Organise more events to showcase the talents and accomplishments of societies and SRS’s.
- Linking into the forum section of societies council, create an online space for organising inter-society events. With the potential for societies to collaborate with both sports clubs and JCRs.
- Use my knowledge of SU event planning to set up workshops to help and support those wanting to organise events.
I have worked closely with our Students’ Union throughout my years at university, and feel this has given me the relevant skills and knowledge necessary to be Activities Officer.
- JCR Activities Rep
- WeekOne Rep
- Grad Ball Committee
- Member of SU Events Team
- Events Rep on Societies Council Committee